The Liverpool Museum is one of the interesting Liverpool museums that attracts many heritage and history enthusiasts to discover the rare archaeological holdings inside this museum, which has approximately 6,000 artifacts.
Follow our post, which will introduce you to the most prominent museum exhibits and the most entertaining things to do when you visit it, to completely grasp the secret behind the fame of this museum, which debuted in 2011, and the attraction of many people to explore it.
The Best Things to Do at Liverpool Museum
- Being in an exhibit-filled environment means that the best way to get to know the place is to wander around the museum and see the artifacts contained in its halls, and to get some historical information about the pieces on display, you can use the guided tours and audio guidance available in the place.
- Before visiting the Liverpool Museum, you may ask if you can photograph some of the exhibits that pique your interest, therefore we’ll tell you that photography is permitted in all areas.
- You should devote some time to viewing the museum’s exhibits from various times; there are holdings from the prehistoric and BC centuries, artifacts from the era of ancient history, items from the early Middle Ages, others from the Middle and Late Middle Ages, and exhibitions on contemporary history.
- You will undoubtedly be drawn to one of the rooms of the Liverpool Museum, which is dedicated to showcasing a collection of relics from ancient civilizations, including mummies from the Pharaonic civilisation.
- You may be interested in seeing additional things left behind by certain historical civilizations known for their past history, so you can visit displays from civilizations such as the Byzantine civilization, Persian civilisation, Roman civilization, and Greek civilization.
- The history of ancient civilizations has long been discussed as encompassing all aspects of daily life as well as various cultures and traditions, and the museum emphasized this by displaying old transport vehicles, models of traditional houses, household utensils, traditional clothing, and old pieces of furniture.
- The museum has collected and presented various noteworthy artefacts from ancient religions such as Christianity.
- The museum’s art collections are worth seeing because they comprise a variety of intriguing art items, antiquities, and Islamic arts.
- As a visitor, you can observe exhibits regarding the country’s history, such as mausoleums of ancient rulers and treasures belonging to ancient monarchs, at this museum.
- The country went through numerous stages that deserved to be immortalized in the Liverpool Museum; there are exhibits that embody what the country has accomplished between the past and the present, models of historic forts and towers, and models of ancient castles.
- Handicrafts fans will find a corner dedicated to handicrafts left by former peoples in the Liverpool Museum, including ceramics, bronze pots, pottery, metal crafts, engravings, decorations, and glass art pieces.
- Other exhibitions that we recommend you view in the museum include fossils, ancient maps, and sculptural works, which help to preserve the rich memories of the past.
- The museum is well-known for some exhibits, the most important of which are the lion locomotive built in 1838, the Beatles collections, and the Viking collections.
- Museum visitors can also enjoy browsing the venue’s permanent exhibitions and attending some of the museum’s events.
Services & Restaurants
The museum has prepared a variety of vital service facilities for visitors’ use, including a café, library, parking lot, restaurant, and public restrooms.
The National Museums Liverpool online shop features a diverse selection of books, prints, and gifts, as well as goods by local artists and designers that represent the best of what Liverpool has to offer. Every purchase helps to fund National Museums Liverpool’s venues, activities, and programs, which serve millions of people each year. Hence, not only will you be able to locate the perfect souvenir of your vacation, but you will also be helping a fantastic cause!
The Museum of Liverpool shop sells gifts and products created by local artists and designers, highlighting the best of what our city has to offer. Take home a memento of Liverpool’s outstanding pop culture: everything from Beatles memorabilia to our two great football teams, Liverpool and Everton. Buy online today to get the ideal souvenir of your trip.
The World Museum gift shop is definitely worth a look. You may buy intriguing souvenirs to provide the perfect reminder of your visit to the museum, whether you’re a budding Egyptologist, an explorer-in-training, or have aspirations of visiting space.
|Saturday||Open 10:00 – 18:00|
|Sunday||Open 10:00 – 18:00|
|Tuesday||Open 10:00 – 18:00|
|Wednesday||Open 10:00 – 18:00|
|Thursday||Open 10:00 – 18:00|
|Friday||Open 10:00 – 18:00|
Landmarks near Liverpool Museum
There are many tourist places in Liverpool near the museum that you can pass by later, such as the Quirky Quarter Museum of Liverpool about 1.2 km away.
Near Hotels Liverpool Museum
Jurys Inn Liverpool is one of the best 3-star hotels in Liverpool near the museum, 1.2 km away.
Mercure Liverpool Atlantic Tower Hotel is one of the most important hotels in Liverpool 4-star, located 600 meters from the museum.